Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm really worried and a bit confused.?

My best friend's husband had a mive heart attack and stoke last week. He is paralyzed on his left side. He was unable to talk. In fact, they wanted his wife to "pull the plug" Well, surprise, surprise, he did it on his own and is breathing on his own ever since. She refused to do it. Today she called me and told me that they transferred him to another hospital because he had chest pains. They found out that he has a hole in his heart and it seems he was born with it. The one thing she was really baffled about and frankly, so am I, is that she was holding his paralyzed hand while he was sleeping and she said he was in a very sound sleep. Well he squeezed her hand tightly and then lifted his arm but as soon as he woke up, he couldn't move it. It was like if his subconscious was working, but his conscious mind would not. Is this possible? This is not in my field of expertise. Granted I worked in Geri-Psych and took care of stroke patients, but they usually came to me when they were alert, well somewhat, and at least able to move their limbs, Never have I seen this. Does anyone who works with stoke patients know what I'm talking about? I've known this man longer than his wife did. He was my brother's best friend and he was always like a brother to me. I want to be able to give his wife some answers because the fool Doctors aren't saying anything helpful to her. Can anyone give me some clue what's going on? Thank you..

No comments:

Post a Comment